Frequently Asked Question
You can configure Thunderbird to send e-mail in the background and thus avoid waiting for the message to complete sending before you can get onto the next task.
- Go to Thunderbird Options, click Advanced and then click Config Editor
- Proceed by clicking I'll be careful, I promise!
- Search for sendInBackground
- Double-click the mailnews.sendInBackground listing to change the Value to true
- Close the about:config editor. Sometimes you may need to restart Thunderbird to have the change go into effect.